· How we use your information
· How we protect your information
· How to unsubscribe from mailing lists
· How to correct information you provided
· How to contact us about privacy
Our site links to a limited number of other web sites. Gore 2000 is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these Web sites.
How do we use the information you provide Gore 2000?
· When you volunteer online: Our volunteer forms ask you to give us contact information (such as your name and e-mail address) and geographic information (such as your zip code and state). We also ask you to tell us how you want to help the campaign.
We use this information to send you information about the campaign and to help match your interests to campaign activities. If you provide your phone number, we may call you. You may remove your name from all of our lists by visiting our unsubscribe page. We do not share our volunteer lists with any other site or any other entity.
· When you contribute money online: Federal law requires us to collect and report your name, address, your employer, occupation, the amount of your contribution and your credit card number for credit card contributions.
We are required by federal law to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year to the Federal Election Commission. These records are available to the public. However, they cannot be used by other organizations for fundraising. For additional information, visit the FEC Web site at http://www.fec.gov. We also make a note of your telephone number and e-mail address if you choose to provide it, but you are not required to do so. By providing your telephone number and email address we can quickly contact you if follow-up on your contribution is necessary under Federal election law.
In addition to the requirement to report contributions to the Federal Election Commission, we may exchange our contributor list with other organizations beginning in the year 2000 unless you use the opt-out feature on our contribution page.
Unless you opt out, we may use information provided when you contribute online or when you download a form from our Web site and contribute by mail to contact you for other purposes or to solicit you for additional contributions.
The campaign does use postal mailing lists it acquires from other organizations. If your name appears on one of these lists, you may receive non-electronic mailings from us.
· When you subscribe for campaign updates: Unless you opt out, we will use your email address to send you campaign updates. You may remove your name from our mailing lists at any time by visiting our unsubscribe page.
· When you sign up for one of our mailing lists: We collect your e-mail address, state and zip code.
We use your e-mail address to send you the Gore 2000 Campaign Update. We use your zip code and state to send you e-mail messages about campaign events in your area. You may remove your e-mail address from all of our lists by visiting our unsubscribe page. We do not share our mailing lists with third parties.
· IP Addresses and Log File Data: We log IP addresses, or the location of your computer or network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We also use IP addresses in the aggregate to track which pages people visit in order to improve the quality of the site. We do not use these data to develop profiles of individual visitors to our Web site. There is no personally identifiable information collected in our log files.
· Information on Children: The Gore 2000 Web site does not ask children 13 and under for any information that can be used to identify the child. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children 13 and under. Our Children's Guidelines provide safety tips for kids online.
How do we protect your information?
Our Web site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment, with a guard posted 24 hours a day.
When you contribute online, we use a secure server and SSL to protect your credit card number and other personal information during transmission.
SSL is short for Secure Sockets Layer, a protocol developed by Netscape for secure transmission of private information over the Internet. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that are transmitted over the SSL connection. Both Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer browsers support SSL, and Web sites use SSL when users transmit confidential information such as credit card numbers. Web pages that require an SSL connection start with https: instead of http. SSL uses 128 bit encryption within the U.S. and 64 bit encryption internationally. For more information on SSL, please visit the Netscape Web site: http://home.netscape.com/security/techbriefs/ssl.html.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed weekly.
Correcting Your Information :
The Gore 2000 Web site does not require you to register nor do we assign visitors a password. Therefore, we have no way to verify your identity when you visit our site. To protect your privacy, we do not provide a means to update your information online. If you need to correct the information you have provided us, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to change your e-mail address, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists and sign up again using your new information.
Contacting us about privacy:
You can also reach us via US Mail at:
Gore 2000 Internet Team
Gore 2000, Inc.
PO Box 23250
Nashville, TN 37202
Paid for by Gore 2000, Inc.
Copyright © 1999 All Rights Reserved