1. Do not give out personal information such as your full name, email address, address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number, or the name and location of your school without your parents’ permission.
2. Tell your parents right away if you come across any information that makes you feel uncomfortable.
3. Never agree to get together with someone you "meet" online without first checking with your parents. If your parents agree to the meeting, be sure that it is in a public place and bring your mother or father along.
4. Never send a person your picture or anything else without first checking with your parents.
5. Do not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable. It is not your fault if you get a message like that. If you do, tell your parents right away so that they can contact the Internet service provider.
7. Do not give out your Internet password to anyone (even your best friends) other than your parents
8. Be a good online citizen and do not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.